Not just another ordinary peel, the ZO® 3-Step Peel™ is the only multifunctional epidermal peel designed to provide longer-lasting treatment benefits. Utilising a blend of exfoliants, a 6% concentration of retinol and multi-action agents that stimulate collagen and restore moisture balance, it evens skin texture for softer, smoother, tighter looking skin. The ZO® 3-Step Peel™ is an innovative in-office treatment for professional use only, designed to support dermal and epidermal stimulation. We often recommend your starting on a ZO® program according to your skin type 4-6 weeks before the 3-Step Peel™ to help strengthen skin and enhance the benefits of it. The application of this peel can be easily tailored to each person, based on their tolerance level and can be repeated every 3-4 weeks. However, you should expect some downtime after this peel. To maintain results, the peel should be repeated 2-3 times per year. Then after the skin is fully recovered you should return to your ZO® daily program
- Improves acne, melasma, sun damage, fine lines, texture roughness, large pores, and dullness.
- Suppresses post-procedure skin inflammation that can be caused by peels, sun, hormones and pollution.
- Patient-friendly peel for all individuals. Suitable for any skin type or colour.
- Usage studies show minimal irritation.
- Dual-action, highly effective peel designed to provide epidermal renewal and dermal stimulation.
- Utilises a blend of exfoliants, 6% concentration of retinol, and multi-action agents to significantly improve skin health and treat many signs of skin ageing.
- Supports barrier function and improves skin’s ability to repair and renew itself.
- Provides antioxidant protection, DNA repair, and anti-inflammation benefits.
What to Expect From the 3-Step ZO Peel™
Step 1: Peel Solution
- A blend of salicylic acid, trichloracetic acid and lactic acid removes the outer layer of the epidermis.
- Saponins (a class of chemical compounds) are included to minimise skin reactions.
- Glycerin is also present to improve hydration.
Step 2: Retinol Creme 6%
This creme utilises a combination of 6% retinol and high performing ingredients to maximise collagen stimulation, cellular renewal, antioxidant benefits and DNA protection.
Step 3: Calming Creme – Post Procedure Skin Relief
An advanced multi-function formulation that rapidly relieves skin irritation and redness. Whilst also re-balancing vital moisture content and improving the skin’s barrier function.
Downtime and aftercare advice
Your skin may have a yellow tinge to the tone for a few hours, this is normal.
Avoid washing your face for at least 5 hours after your peel, we prefer you wait until the following morning if you can.
Step 1: The day after your peel, wash your face with your ZO cleanser, gently wash 30-40 seconds then apply the entire packet of ZO Rentinol Crème’ and massage into skin. Rinse and pat dry.
Step 2: Apply entire packet of Rentinol Crème’.
Step 3: Apply a thin layer of Calming Crème’
Redness, stinging, itching, mild swelling, flaking and peeling are all normal signs after a peel and vary based on patient response. The skin will generally start peeling 2-3 days after you have had the ZO peel treatment, you may peel up to 5 days, in rare cases longer. Avoid direct sun exposure for 7-10 days following the peel. Sunscreen may be applied after the skin has completely healed. Besides your Retinol Crème’, do not use alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinoids or other vitamin A compounds or any irritating products until the skin is healed. Avoid procedures such as hair removal, microdermabrasion and laser treatment in the treated area until the skin is completely healed.